Saturday, April 14, 2012

Adventures in HTML5

Apparently, HTML5 is the future.  That's what everyone except Adobe keeps saying anyway.  Today, I attempted to get with the times and learn the basics of drawing and animating on an HTML canvas.

Before this morning, I had almost no Javascript experience, which is really what HTML5 is.  Javascript does everything behind the scenes and HTML updates whatever's on the canvas.

Ultimately, I achieved basic movement.  I'm attempting to create a simple game and currently have the character moving via keyboard input.  I managed to get something akin to collision detection, but it's far from sophisticated.  Timed events are giving me a headache.  I should probably get a book on Javascript or something.  It's not working at all and I have no idea why.

Still, for a day's effort into completely new territory, I shouldn't be too discouraged.

Boo yeah, internet.  Boo yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment